OUR TOP STORY
Welcome Home Sunday & Ministry Celebration
Aug 19th, one service at 10 a.m. Join us for worship, hot dogs, and “earth soccer”.
- 10 a.m. – Worship
- 11 a.m. – Hot dogs, chips, cookies, etc
- After getting food, check out the celebration of our ministries on the patio
- 11:15 a.m. – Earth soccer on the lawn by the Parish Hall. You will have to come to find out what this is. We will also have some other games for different ages.
Children and Youth on Sundays
We are going to restart Sunday School after Welcome Home Sunday. Pastor Susan will be leading it, and we are going to start small. We will be clearing out a room in the Parish Hall to hold Sunday School. If we have the right numbers of interested kids and adults willing to help, we can “break out” into different age groups and rooms. Success depends on families showing up, and the church helping this program with prayer and volunteering.
Adults on Sundays
In Adult Formation, I will be teaching on the Book of Revelation. It’s not as freaky as you might think. Oppressed groups throughout time have spoken in coded language in order not to provoke those in power. Satans, dragons and lakes of fire were all part of speaking out against the powerful, without being detected. Devils rising out of oceans was comforting and not terrifying to the first few generation of Christ’s followers. It will take a little history, context, and good old-fashioned bible study in order for you to see this as a pastoral book for the church, but it is worth the effort. In addition, our Adult Formation team will be cooking up topical studies throughout the year that will engage current issues as well as our Lenten series later in the year.
I have had a wonderful summer and it’s not over yet. When you read this month’s Tidings, I will be on the High School Immersion Trip. Pray for us to provide meaningful help, be formed as disciples, and have a wonderful time together.
Click HERE for the August issue of Tidings.
We now have two Sunday morning services
– 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
- 8:30 a.m. Service: A quiet and contemplative service with a touch of music
- 9:15 a.m. Coffee hour: Time for all to socialize and have a light snack and beverage
- 10:00 a.m. Service: A blend of the current 9 a.m. & 11 a.m. services
- 11:10 a.m. Education time: Fun, educational classes for all. Ends by 11:45 a.m.
Bishop Michael Curry’s sermon on the Power of Love
Just in case you missed it, check out the video of the Royal Wedding:
Bishop Michael Curry delivers impassioned sermon on the Power of Love.
(click on the video image below)