OUR TOP STORY
Thank you all for a wonderful Lent, Holy Week and Easter!
Looking Ahead to Pentecost and Summer
- April 29th – Last Sunday Schedule Town Hall conversation at 10:15am in Overby and Youth
- May 13th – We will celebrate Ascension Day even though the actual day falls on a Thursday.
- May 20th – one service at 10am for Pentecost Sunday – weather permitting, maybe
church on the patio?
- May 27th beginning of a two service Sunday Schedule.
We will be wrapping up Acts of the Apostles in the next few weeks, AND we will finish the school year with
a series on Death, Mourning and Afterlife from an Inter-religious perspective. Along with the theological,
there will be some “nuts and bolts” end of life planning. We have not finalized the schedule. Generally:
- May 6th Amanda Kiernan Martin – Wills, Trust and Giving – She will preach also
- May 13th Mother’s Day — no education
- May 20th Pentecost – One service, no education
- May 27th to mid-June – we will host a Rabbi and an Imam who will use the education hour to talk
about their perspectives on death and dying.
21st Annual Fruits of the Harvest (FOTH)
Saturday, May 5, 2018; Four to Nine O’clock. To register, donate, and get much more information, go to the FOTH WEBSITE.
Over the last 20 years, our church has raised $601,000 to benefit over 22 different beneficiaries on a local, national, and global level. We are now in our 21st year of FOTH, raising funds for grants for the 13 organizations that our Outreach Ministries support.
FOTH is also a coming together of our whole parish to have fun and fellowship. We try hard to have a quality event that will not only entertain you, but also to feed your heart and soul as we work to raise money to support the incredible work that these non-profit organizations do to help those in great need.
Don’t miss our biggest fundraiser of the year for Outreach Ministries!