PARENTS NIGHT OUT
PARENTS NIGHT OUT
WHAT: St Timothy’s Parents’ Night Out
WHEN: 3-4 times per year, starting March 2nd, 5 – 9PM
WHO: 3 months through 5th grade children
1) EVANGELISM: To show the community not only our church/school building, but more importantly, our gracious, welcoming, awesome body of Christ
2) OUTREACH: To reach out and provide a supportive, fun service to families in the community, at low cost
3) AFFORDABILITY: By using church volunteers as staff, PNO will be very low cost. Charge per child: $10 + $5 for each additional child (max: $25/family)
4) FAMILY: Building the church – school family up by giving opportunity to interact
WHO ELSE: YOU! The more volunteers we can train, the more we can share the load! To pull off one amazing night of PNO, we need at least 12 of YOU. Volunteers must be 16 or older. Please consider giving us some of your time and energy. Volunteers would arrive at 4:30 and be done by
With a full volunteer load, we will be able to offer 5 different age breakouts – 1) pre-walkers, 2) walkers up to age 3, 3) potty trained 3’s through Pre-K/4 4) K – 2nd and 5) 3rd – 5th. (Depending on numbers of kids and volunteers, Kinder – 5th can be combined, but ideally would be separate.) Also, with a full load of 12 or more volunteers, we will be able to accept over 60 children! What an amazing gift to the young families in this community!
1) Must have attended St. Timothy’s for at least 6 months
2) Diocesan Misconduct Training, including background check – Online (takes about 30 minutes on your computer)
3) PNO Training Session – Scheduled after church on Sunday, February 10th (11:10am)
4) Volunteers will fill out a volunteer “application” in which we can assess your age preferences and date availability.
HOW IT WILL WORK:
Once we know how many volunteers we have secured, we will then be able to calculate the number of spots we have for children. Two weeks prior to the date, we will send out an email with online registration access. Online registration will stay open until the Friday before the event OR
as age groups are filled. We plan to reach out to our Noah’s Ark community as well as our 2 nearby elementary schools, Vista Grande and Green Valley. If you would like to help us make this new ministry a smashing success, please let Kimberly Bryant know (firstname.lastname@example.org), step one. Step two: attend the short training session after church on Sunday, February 10th at 11:10am in Parish Hall. Meeting will be over by noon.
We need you and we know that the evening promises to be a very rewarding one for our volunteers, the children and their parents. Thank you for your support!
QUESTIONS? Please contact Susan at email@example.com