The Bible comes alive at St. Timothy’s during Vacation Bible School (VBS), a fun-filled week of summer camp for children 4 years old through fifth grade.
At VBS children learn about God’s love and Christian life in community. Incorporated into each VBS program is a service project that empowers children to be of service in the larger community and the world.
St. Timothy’s VBS will be on June 18-22, 2018. It is a morning program from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Campers are grouped by grade level, and preschoolers enjoy VBS in a separate preschool facility designed especially for our youngest campers.
Each day we gather in the church to learn about the theme for the day with music, stories and skits. The camper groups then rotate around the campus with their counselors to craft stations, a music session, lawn games, and snack time. At the close of the morning program, we gather in the church to reflect on the day and on what we have learned about God and ourselves.
Teens and college students—many of whom were once VBS campers themselves—volunteer as counselors for VBS week. The counselors train and prepare for VBS the week before VBS happens. Adult volunteers—including the parents of campers—help with crafts, first aid, food preparation, and supervision of campers/counselors.
- Pre-K (not yet attended kindergarten) & Kindergarten: Monday-Friday 9am-12pm with Cynthia Chavez our Pre-School Director
- Grades 1-5: Monday-Thursday 9am-3pm and Friday 9am-12pm
- Grades 6-9: Junior Counselors (C.I.T.)
- Grades 10-12: Teen Counselors
FLYER: VBS 2018 Flyer (pending)
FORMS: Save these forms to your computer, then fill out and print. (forms to be updated for 2018)
- Download a Camper registration form: VBS Camper Reg Form 2018 – Pending
- Download a Health form: Heath Form 2018 – Pending
- Download a Counselor registration form: VBS Counselor Form 2018 – Pending
- Download an Adult Volunteer registration form: Volunteer Registration Form 2018 – Pending