2017 CHRISTMAS FOOD BOXES
Christmas is a hard time – especially for families living in the Bay Area where the adults in the family must work more than one job to pay the rent and utilities and buy groceries. Monument Crisis Center working with families, churches and charities in Contra Costa County try to make the holiday season a bit brighter by giving the Center clients extra food for the holiday season. Last year the families at St Timothy’s contributed over 200 boxes of food – each designed to feed a family of 5 for about a week. Last year Monument Crisis Center didn’t have enough boxes for all their clients. Let’s help them do better this year.
Please join us in this effort this year Volunteers will have sign-up sheets, boxes and food lists at church after each Sunday service in November. They can answer all your questions and give you schedule details.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Sign up to fill one or more boxes or to have us shop and fill your box for you (limit 100).
- Donate to purchase the boxes, rice, beans and extra food cards
- Join us to fill bags with rice and with beans on Sunday, November 19 in the parish hall. All ages
- Volunteer to help with “Fill My Box” on Saturday morning, November 25
- Volunteer to help load our boxes into the UPS truck for Monument Crisis Center on December 2
For the Supporter letter & list. click HERE
Fill-My-Box information . click HERE
Sundays, November 5, 12, 19, 26 Sign up parishioners after church
Sunday, November 19 Fill bags with rice and beans at church
Saturday, November 25 ‘Fill My Box’ at the Safeway in Alamo –
Sun. Nov. 26 8:30 am-12:30 pm Receive boxes – Parish Hall
Wed–Fri, Nov. 29 – Dec. 1 (4:00–7:00 pm) Receive boxes – Parish Hall
Saturday, December 2 – 8:30–10:30 am Receive boxes – Parish Hall
Saturday, December 2 – 10:30–11:00 am Load the truck and deliver boxes
QUESTIONS: Contact Sally Shea Potts, 925-691-9294, 925-785-9823, firstname.lastname@example.org